2011년 9월 7일 수요일

By Any Other Name

I think the author wasn't trying to dissuade the readers about how people can have dual personalities. "But I put it happily away, because it had all happened to a girl called Cynthia, and I never was really particularly interested in her." This quote supports that people can have dual personalities. In this case, Cynthia was a meaningless name and personality. She cared about the name Santha. The author was born with that name, and the name defines her. She came into this world with that name, not Cynthia. Cynthia was a character she played at school, nothing more. I think a person can have dual personalities based on personal experience. A person can easily put on a smile, and you'd never know if they want to explode inside. There's surprisingly a lot of  people that are struggling inside, and you'd never guess what kind of issues they're dealing with. Everyone has a story, some are nice and others are bad.

댓글 1개:

  1. Jeanette, I really enjoyed reading your blog post. But, the beginning was a bit unclear if you thought that having dual personalities were good or bad. If I were you, I would have put my opinion in the first or second sentence instead of putting it towards the end. But, I do agree that a person can have dual personalities. I for one, have a dual personality when it comes to being with different races. I really liked how you wrote, “A person can easily put on a smile, and you’d never know if they want to explode inside.” I was able to relate to this situation and many others have probably encountered this situation, too. Although I had some disagreements with your blog, I really enjoyed reading it. (129 words)

    답글삭제