2011년 9월 29일 목요일

Newspaper:Travel

I think Rosenthal's piece should be in the travel section. It's objective and subjective and articles in the travel section can be objective and subjective. Also, the story is about tourists going to Germany to visit the concentration camps to see if such a gruesome place existed. It almost felt like Rosenthal was there and telling his experience was like. I feel like it should be published as a review under that section. He has a certain story telling vibe, that I think a lot of people can connect with and be interested in the place he went. "...at Brzezinka the sun should ever shine or that there should be light and greenness and the sound of young laughter It would be fitting if at Brezezinka the sun never shone and the grass withered, because this is a place of unutterable terror," this sentence seems to be said from the author's point of view. I don't think anyone else can describe someone else's feelings like that, unless they could read minds. It's hard to exactly write whats on someone else's mind unless it was fiction. I doubt that it should be in the short stories' column, because it's also seems to be too objective to be a story. When I read this, I imagined being inside the author's head literally. I imagined that inside his brain was a capsule, some sort of spaceship. I seated myself inside, clicked the audio button, and his thoughts could be heard over my pair of headphones. This story seems to real, to be fake.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기