2011년 9월 8일 목요일

Fish Cheeks

There must be thousands of  possibilities on why Amy Tan decided to go along with Fish Cheeks as her title. I think she chose this title because in the story it mentions that it's her favorite food. Now, I'm a pretty picky eater, and I'm extremely stubborn about certain types of food. There's this mexican restaurant called Chipotle and they do burritos and burrito bowls. You scurry down the line, pick the toppings you want, and VOILA HEAVEN! Now there is a point to this. The point is that it is my Chipotle list, IT WILL NEVER CHANGE, because it's me. No one else is going to eat my Chipotle except for me. Favorite foods can't easily change, just like how Amy couldn't change her lifestyle to fit Roger..Ron...Robert. It's who she is and she doesn't have to change to satisfy someone else. She doesn't live for Robert and Robert doesn't live her life. It might be embarrassing to admit you like something that is out of the ordinary, but if someone were to truly love you, it wouldn't matter in the end. I believe that if you love someone, you'd love both sides, negative and positive. You really can't change a person, because it's their life and it's them.

댓글 2개:

  1. I also thought that Amy Tan titled her memoir "Fish Cheeks" because she states that fish cheeks were her favorite food. I really liked your example about your Chipotle burrito. It was very interesting. I now see a new perspective on this topic. Although I didn't write the same things as you, I think we both have similar ideas. Amy Tan wanted to change herself for Robert. However she realized that she was who she was. She couldn't change her nationality. I also agree with you in that if you love someone, then you'd love both sides of them. It's useless to try to change someone. Although they may change, they will not be the same person. They will not be themselves. (112 words)

    답글삭제
  2. Do your best to get to the 300 word count, ok?

    답글삭제